Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a new video card and I would like some tech assistance and a possible recommendation. This industry advances so fast and I haven't been fallowing the advancements in video cards. First of all, I'm looking for one in the $100-$150 price range. -----ATI or nVidia?---- Also what kind of specs are most important? Like tri-linear filtering? 8x AGP? #of trianges/second? Refresh rate ~ resolution? Any new innovations I should look for in a video card? Any Help would be great! I play a lot of high graphics games. Right now I have a Radeon 7500 DDR. 1800XP, 256mb DDR ram. And, right now, MS Flight Sim2002 runs smooth with every thing at max graphics wise. However, I just got combat flight sim 3 and it is totally not playable on my system. My goal is to get it running smooth on this system too. Thanx.

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
All specs count, and you would not get a fast card for $100-$150
You would get a slow card, im sorry but some one had to tell you.
You said a game is not playable what kind of system do you have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant to say practially not playable. Its extreamly choppy even with graphics set very low. I don't understand, I run games with graphics just as advanced and with all the display settings at max, very smooth. I run FS2002 and CFS2 with max graphics and it runs smooth, but when I got CFS3 it wont run smooth even with everything set low, and there isn't much of a difference in graphics quality between them. I just downloaded the newest driver for my card and still choppy.
Heres my specs:
Motherboard: MSI K7pro 266
Athlon 1800XP o/c to 1900(1.59ghz)
256 DDR
80gig 7200rpm
ATI Radeon 7500 DDR
Windows XP Pro

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Update the drivers for your a ATI CARD, & update DIRECT X. And
see what happeneds o.k.