Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone!

i wanted to upgrade my graphics card and i am wondering whether there is a 512mb version of the 7800 because i cant find it on ebuyer.co.uk, can anyone tell me whether or not it exists and if so a good website to buy one from (i am in UK) thanks in advance for any help given!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for your help

·
Registered
209 Posts
does not exist, as the 7800 is a gaming card, something like the 6800ultra has one because it is commonly used for rendering and extreme resoultion. 256 will suit

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its just that i have bf2 and the recommended gfx card memory for that is 256mb (i always like to be above recommended) so i wanted it to be better but oh well it doesnt matter i guess it will be enough anyway!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so if it doesnt then how come battlefield 2 recommends it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
cuz ea cant put on the side "10 gb/s video rambus bandwith..."
... what are they supposed to say, they didnt do a very good job with specs either.
its really 9250 (dx9 version) or higher
and 5200 (due to new drivers) or higher

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx for the info, i guess your right they had to put sumthin in the video memory section!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Luk07 said:
its just that i have bf2 and the recommended gfx card memory for that is 256mb (i always like to be above recommended) so i wanted it to be better but oh well it doesnt matter i guess it will be enough anyway!
The recommended specs for BF2 are a bit of "fluff". I can run it perfectly with the following specs:
AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton
1GB OCZ EL Platinum pc3200 @ 400mhz
MSI k7 series
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128

I have NO problems at all.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but are you running it at full detail? and max resolution? i am just annoyed because i have to run it at really low detail to stop lag even if i close all of my processes leaving only 16 (which are critical). And i have a 6600GT which apparently outperforms your 9800pro (i read it somewhere lol) and i have a 3000+ that also outperforms your CPU and i have 1gb of ram which is the same as yours so if you can run it at full detail with a good fps then i am very surprised!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.