Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, recently I had that topic about installing Language Packs for Windows 11 completely offline, and I found solutions which work fine.

But now I have my next goal:
Getting Windows 11 Updates for offline install.

I already found the Cumulative updates downloadable and ready for install as MSU, but I wanted to ask, do I have to install all of them each one by one?

For example:
If I am using right now build 22621.674 and the goal is to get to 22621.900.

Will I need to install all of these too?
etc.
etc.

Or can I go directly from 22621.674 to 22621.900?

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,903 Posts

· Moderator , Security Team
2,430 Posts
The clue is in the name "Cummulative Update" ....... a Cummulative update is an accumulation of all previous updates, and will install (where necessary) any/all updates needed for the correct functioning of the machine that is being updated.

In answer to your final question ...... yes, you should be able to update directly to 22621.900 (KB5020044) though that is a preview update. Better to wait for the December update to be published, as Preview updates are not generally as well tested and are more prone to causing problems.

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The clue is in the name "Cummulative Update" ....... a Cummulative update is an accumulation of all previous updates, and will install (where necessary) any/all updates needed for the correct functioning of the machine that is being updated.

In answer to your final question ...... yes, you should be able to update directly to 22621.900 (KB5020044) though that is a preview update. Better to wait for the December update to be published, as Preview updates are not generally as well tested and are more prone to causing problems.
I see. That's the perfect post, answering all my questions.
About the word "cummulative", well I am ashamed to say but I think I didn't know the true meaning in the English language until now..

Thanks! Btw. I already installed it now, and it worked perfect.

2,430 Posts
You're welcome.

Cumulative isn't exactly the sort of word you come across every day, and I very much doubt that it's in many Deutsch-English phrasebooks, so it's understandable that you would not understand its full meaning.

I speak a little schoolboy German, and trust me, I'm absolutely aware of how limited my German vocabulary is.

I looked up Cumulative in my English-German Dictionary (Oxford Duden), and the closest translation I could find appears to be zusätzlich kumuliert

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're welcome.

Cumulative isn't exactly the sort of word you come across every day, and I very much doubt that it's in many Deutsch-English phrasebooks, so it's understandable that you would not understand its full meaning.

I speak a little schoolboy German, and trust me, I'm absolutely aware of how limited my German vocabulary is.

I looked up Cumulative in my English-German Dictionary (Oxford Duden), and the closest translation I could find appears to be zusätzlich kumuliert
It seems that this word is even existing in German, as "kumulativ", and I didn't even know that word until now.
So that word is even in German very rare (I think even more rare than in English).
Many words in both English and German come from Latin words, and "cumulative" definitely sounds like one of these words.
But especially in German, these Latin words are mostly used in rare occasions or detailed descriptions, written in a very formal way.

So the mistake was not even in my lack of knowledge in the English language, because I could have known it as "kumulativ"..

2,430 Posts
I think you're probably right about it being a Latin derivative, it has that sort of sound, and both our countries were "occupied" by the Romans at some time or other, so it's only natural that our languages would be influenced by Latin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts