Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ASUS A7V333, with a VIA KT333 and AWARD BIOS. How & the best way to update it? Plus whats the best way to update the VIA chipset drivers?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Unless you have a specific issue that is addressed by the BIOS update, the best way is NOT to update it. Frequently, NT based operating systems develop issues when the BIOS is changed underneath them, especially if it affects some of the power management features or IRQ steering capabilities.

Truthfully, I put the VIA drivers in the same category, don't tinker with them unless there's a reason to.

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I bought a 2600+ athlon so, I need to update the BIOS. ASUS as this program called crash free BIOS2
they said I should install it to help make the BIOS not to crash just in case

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
If you need to update for a new processor, that would fall into the "necessary" category I mentioned. :) It looks like you have all the bases covered, since you have an Asus board, have at it! :D

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One question how do you update the BIOS, Just to be sure I do not want to screw it up.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Well, I don't have an Asus MB, so I don't know the exact procedure, but it appears that the links you've provided have lots of info about upgrading the BIOS, shouldn't be a major issue.

·
Registered
89 Posts
hi ,as for updating the 4in1 drivers they can be downloaded from the VIA website

the 4in1 drivers

it is a case of downloading t correct drivers for the mobo and chipset, then running the prog, and it will update them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.