Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my Battlecraft doesn't even start up, when I open it it gives me two errors, one says, "I require the WGL_EXT_swap_control OpenGL extension to work" and the other one says "BC failed to initialize some openGL extensions Battlefield will continue to run, however, if you experience problems it is recommended to update your video drivers" I don't have an idea on how to update my video drivers. :laugh:

p.s. Battlecraft is a program to make your own maps for battlefield1942..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
INTEL(R) EXTREME GRAPHICS REPORT

Report Date: 08/24/2005
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 15:32:54
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4020
Operating System: Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 759 MB
Min. Graphics Memory: 1 MB
Max. Graphics Memory: 64 MB
Graphics Memory in use: 6 MB
Processor: x86
Processor Speed: 2392 MHZ
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x2562
Device Revision: 1

Ummmm did I give you the right info?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:laugh: hahaha, fine then how do I check? Seriously this video card stuff is the thing that confuses me the most about computers.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Go to your start menu > run > type dxdiag > go to the display tab and it should say beside "Name" or beside "chip type"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright thanks here it is:
Name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Chip Type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright thanks, after this is downloaded it's going to work now? Is it normal for the download to be taking so long? it's bearly at 18% and it's been downloading for quite a while now.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Well the file is only 6MB which isn't very large...you are probably on a dialup connection which is why it is taking so long to download.

I was able to download the file in approximately 20 seconds...There is no guarantee it will work after downloading that, but it is the newest driver available for your video adaptor so if it doesn't, the only other option would be to get a new video card.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright thank you, Well I have "basic high speed internet" which is cable but it's still kinda slow, but it usually takes me like 1 or 2 minutes to download 6mb, well right now it's at 51%, WOW something wrong, well as long as it downloads.

I'll edit this post and tell you if it worked, if not too bad because I can't afford a new video card(I'm 15).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, for some reason the file wouldn't download. it would stop at 74% so I had a friend to download it for me and burn it, today he's going to give me the cd.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.