Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a problem that remains only true for Rohan: Blood fued. It-- for some reason, caps my FPS at 34 while I am in the game. The only exception to that rule is during screen transitions and loading screens. When I tried the game a long time ago I had the same issue but for some reason before when I ran FRAPs to record a video-- while I was recording it would go up to 60 FPS. Since FRAPs is generally resource heavy I figured since I could get 60 FPS easily with FRAPs going that I could very easily run the game with 60 FPS all the time.

Unfortunately, no matter what I try the FPS always caps at 34. Even when the screen starts to dim to go to a different screen and the models and things are still moving my FPS flies up but once it's "actually" in game it's 34 again. It's such a bizarre place to cap too.

Anyways, if anyone has any ideas as to why it is happening feel free to indulge me. Thanks in advance.

Basic Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB
Sound Device: Realtek AC97 Audio

I used a ATI radeon x850 series when I played this months ago. Now I use the current one listed above.

·
Registered
288 Posts
o.k. for speed purposes alot of games cap their fps so you don't go to fast and lose control or suffocate the game engine if you goto fast on some games BSOD or crash or something. but thats all i can think of and fraps isnt very resource heavy i use it and it doesent even take up 200mhz and only about 2mb of ram unless recording, Fwewy! recording is extremely heavy never could figure out why...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, yeah. When I say it's resource heavy I mean while it's recording, otherwise it does nothing.

I seem to be very alone in this cap though. Most everyone else who plays gets 60. I am not sure what it is. I don't think it can be my graphics card as I have tried with 2 different ones. I don't think it's my processor anymore either as it is even listed as a recommended system requirement to have my processor so clearly they must be compatible with it.

It's gotta be something really obscure that I wouldn't think to look at. Like.. a sound driver or something really silly. I have seen more bizarre issues so I can't say that my sound device couldn't cap my FPS! (Computer's are definitely weird like that)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I have the exact same problem as Skiegh. Why would Rohan cap at excatly 34 fps? I'm very confused. In the game I kept thinking "this isn't 60 fps," so I tested with fraps and it's always below 30 in the game, and excatly 34 during log-in screen. Someone please tell Rohan developers to remove this cap...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.