Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently bought Gigabyte GA-8KNXP, with 800FSB 3G Petium 4, this motherboard supports 4 Dimms at max of 4G, so i have filled them up with four Twinmos DDR400 512 MB (running in dual ch). after that, system is not stable at all.

I have tried run DOCMEM memory diagnostic, but it freezes when attempted to test memory. so i removed 2 sticks of memory. system now left with 1024MB, then the memory diagnostic runs without any problem. i have changed the 2 sticks with the one i removed, again, it runs with no problem at all.

Is this a compatability issue between memory and motherboard?

because there is no problem with memory, only when 4 of them run together problem occurs.

perhaps better quality memory can cure this problem??

p.s. i have run seagate diagnostic on harddrive, harddrive have no problems.

:confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the memory is the same brand,
and what u mean by switching up the memory??:confused:

i have them runing standard 400MHZ dual channal.
no overclocking or things like that.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
It could be a lot of things, possibly a bad contact in one of the memory sockets. Does the system run properly if you move the two modules to the other two memory sockets and leave the others empty? I'm trying to eliminate the sockets as an issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not a socket prob, becuase my computer supports 6 dimm, first 2 can be dubble side ram. but
the last 4 banks if filled, have to have single side for 4 of them,
or else just put 2 DSide in the 4banks.
i have change the location of the last 2, put from bank 3 and 4, to bank 5 and 6.

same thing [email protected]@

:dead:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PROBLEM MIGHT BE SOLVED

the problem i think was hardware clashing (USB and PS/2) when usb driver not installed yet, and 4 dimm installed at same time.. strange problem, but i will reinstall my computer and let u guys know how it goes.

p.s. i went to computer shop to have memory tested, they run good in their QUICKTECH PRO diagnostics, so problem must be something else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
solved

it turns out to be hardware problem, i am using Leadtek TV turner pci card, rebooting problem and blue screen was done by that card.

apparently i check out the leadtek website and they have a way to get around that.

i also got my harddrive replaced, it have some physical problems with it.

as for memory, when i fit four memorys, mouse ps/2 clashs with USB2 when the driver for usb2 havent install yet. once installed it runs fine.

as for docram diagnostic, tech team from the computer shop suggest that docram has not yet support this motherboard chipset, becuase when they using their QUICKTECH PRO S.B. diagnostics, all memory passed with out any errors.

now all problem solved everything runs flowless.~~ hardest installation i have encounted to date but worth learning the knowledge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.