Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ripped a CD to my computer (which of course I can't find anymore) but it has disappeared. Any ideas?

The day I ripped it was the last day I even thought about it for a while. When I went back to look there was nothing. I have ripped CDs before and by default they all go to same folder. I can find all the other CD's except the missing one. And yes, I KNOW I did it, twice-maybe 3 times??? I wanted to experiment with different bit rates.

Yes, I did all the ripping in a hurry but I did glance
at the finished products. Each CD gets its own folder after you finish. And I remember seeing the CD I wanted if only for a sec.

I did a million searches on the comp and even checked the un-delete in case it was accidentally deleted. Found nothing.

Magically disappearing files, that's a new one for me.

Wondering

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The default program, Windows Media Player. I've tried "undelete" and system restore. My restore points don't seem to go back far enough. (I use Go Back and Window's own system restore)..

=(,

Johnny

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Sytem restore doesn't restore deleted files nor copy any files. It only restores system settings and the dynamic "system" files that hold the settings

Goback may not save them if your "percentage of disk space to use" isn't large enough

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.