Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
I have a Windows xp pro laptop that seems to be infected or damaged by something. all .exe and .com files have stopped functioning. I can get into firefox by typing a web addess into the run line, but that is the only one so far.
I can't get into the registry or cmd line even in safe mode. I suspect that this is a virus of some sort but I cant even run the free online scans because they only run in IE and I can't get that one to run.
I attempted to download hijack this!, run regedit, and run the sircam removal tool but since they all end in .exe or .com I am out of luck. please help!

·
Registered
722 Posts
To do an online scan with FireFox you could go to the Trendmicro UK site which does it.[for some unknown reason] Sounds like you have other issues too but the scan would make a starting point if you can do it. :smile:

·
Registered
722 Posts
The Trendmicro link I gave you is the European site which does support FireFox; I use FF myself and have been there several times for scans. If it doesn't work for you it is probably for another reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.