Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yep.
tried chkdsk with /f says it cant due to write protection,
bootrec /fixboot and fixmbr, although rebuildBCD said i had no windows installs.
currently at the cmd for the auto repair stuff, if i reboot it takes 30 mins to go to the auto repair menu. soo ye help

EDIT: i also have no cd rom xd its broken

·
Registered
41,122 Posts
If you have a Windows disc, on another computer create an ISO image of this disc using IMGBurn, burn the Image to USB Flash drive with Rufus, both in my signature.
Boot off of the newly created Flash drive and choose Repair Your Computer. Now press Shift+F10 to go directly to the Command Prompt.
At command prompt (x: sources) type this exactly as written:
bcdedit |find “osdevice” (Must inc and the |), the | before Find is the Upper case \ key) press enter. This will tell you what drive letter the OS is on.It may not be on the C: drive.
Once you know what drive Windows is on, type the drive letter and press enter, now you can run the bootrec /fixboot, fixmbr or rebuildbcd commands.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did the find osdvc though, partition d.
although i dir'ed it and it says its not a valid filesystem. + ik my os is actually in c so idk y its at d

·
Registered
41,122 Posts
When Windows installs, it installs a Hidden small partition of about 500MB or so that has no driver letter, called System, This holds the Boot information.
When you boot to the RE Command Prompt, this drive many times gets assigned a drive letter of C: making the Windows drive D:
You can confirm this in the Command Prompt by DIR both the C: and D: partitions. If neither have the Windows directory in them, then the OS has become corrupted and will need to be reinstalled.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the command prompt's drive is X though, and has the windows folder. but i dont have a drive x so.. wat. i also have 3 folders in c named boot~~2 4 and i think 6 or something. d however as i mentioned is "not having a valid filesystem or something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also, before this, yesterday apps have an error dat said unexpected store something idk didnt really care bout it so i think that connects to something in win10?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
managed to open notepad.. not happy with what i see D is safe. its named E idk y, C however, is ded. but i do see other drives wid recovery.txt on it..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is windows dead at that point? cause i mean only d is safe, and windows is at c.. and i cant identify any c drives

·
Registered
41,122 Posts
X: is the temporary RAM drive that is accessed from the Windows install media.
As stated, if your hidden System drive was assigned a drive letter when booting to the RE, then it would push the Windows drive to the next drive letter etc.
I would backup any files you want off of that computer and save them to a USB HDD, then I would try the recovery.
What is the make and model# of your computer? You would access Recovery by pressing a certain key at Bootup, many models it's F11 to restore computer to factory defaults. Your Make and Model will vary.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lmao i reformatted it and brought it to the nearest technitian to get a new cd rom and chek it so ye gona mark as solved

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.