Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I seem to be having a really bad problem at the moment...

Here is what happened: Yesterday I was playing a game and suddenly my PC decided to crash, I simply figured that it simply ran out of virtual memory. No, I got my favorite error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". This isn't the first time I've encountered this error and I'm truly effin sick of it! I cannot afford to lose all of my files
After a few hours of screwing around I finally got my windows XP disk to work, so I ran the repair. I typed CHKDSK /R in the command prompt which repaired the drive then I did FIXBOOT to repair the section that was broken.
Afterwards, according to every help article I can find out there says 'Oh it'll boot fine' Yeah.. not the case, infact, it wouldn't boot up windows without the disk in the drive. Why is this happening? why doesn't it just fix it the way it should? Do I really have to reinstall windows and lose all my files because of this?

But it gets better!

For some odd reason when I started my computer up it would act as it was about to enter installation of XP but instead it would load windows off of the disk in my drive allowing me to go on as like nothing happened. Although, it seems to be that my computer decides when it wants to allow that, I got on twice, reset once, used system restore now I can't boot up, it goes right to setup. If I change the setup in the BIOS to load from the drive it won't load up it'll say "BOOT FAILED TO LOAD, INSERT WINDOWS DISK". If I take the disks out of the drives and attempt to load i get the same message. Isn't there a way that I can get it back to normal reset that actually boots fine?

Please if anybody can show me a way to fix this problem so that I can save all my important files please do so I would greatly appreciate it. I don't have slave drives to transfer stuff onto nor do I have a network big enough to stuff it all into & I'm definitely not with the idea of reinstalling and losing everything to simply get it all back in the course of a month, deal with reinstalling drivers, hardware and software yeah NOT FUN!!!

Ive tried to replace the files in i386 but it says access is denied.. someone please help idk what to do....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.