Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this Schok Volt SV55. 1 day after receiving it, the charging rate dropped dramatically to 550-600 mAh. I've not done anything "abusive" to the phone. #1. Can anyone explain this? #2. how do I restore the "charging rate"? Also, ANY information about this particular phone would be appreciated. I'm not at all familiar w/ them and info on the net is sparse.

Rick

· Registered
126 Posts
Are there any battery-life saving settings?
Because such battery saving settings can decrease charging rates to make the battery last longer.

Maybe you enabled such an option and now it reduces the battery and charging properties.

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,879 Posts
How old is your Schok Volt SV55?

Manual: https://www.schokgear.com/assets/pdfs/Schok_Volt_SV55_User_Guide.pdf

Specifications
1. Display
• 5.5” FWVGA (480x960) Display
• Capacitive Touch Screen
2. Camera
• Front camera: 2.0MP
• Rear camera: 5.0MP with Flash
3. Dimensions and Weight
• Dimensions: 149.6x72.8x9.8mm
• Weight: 167g.
4. Memory
• Internal Memory: 2GB RAM / 16GB
ROM
• External Memory: Supports up to
256GB via its SD card slot*.
*SD card not included.
5. Operating System
• Android 11 (Go edition)
6. Connectivity
• Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.2+HS
7. Sensors
• Accelerometer, Barometer,
Proximity sensor, Light sensor
8. Battery
• 3,000mAh Lithium Ion, non-removable
Warranty: https://www.schokgear.com/assets/pdfs/Proofed_one_year.pdf

Repair: Official Repair Centers

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for replying....I've had it less than a week. Obviously, using stock charger/cord. Do the 'usual" things to, supposedly, increase charging rate. Have been monitoring charging info w/ "Fast Charger" app. Charing input varies from 100mAh(and sometimes less) to 300mAh. This is not proper. So, I want to find out what's wrong before I talk w/ reps/repairmen

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all who replied so far. Would you believe this phone didn't even have an owners manual when I opened it up!!! Guess I have to call "provider" to set up voicemail.....geez. Oh, one other issue, cannot "open" storage to add pix or music???

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,879 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, of course I intend to take it back, I wanted to know what the possible causes were so I didn't get B.S'ed. Know any cause why I can't open "storage"? I couldn't find MTP on phone's settings

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,770 Posts
Oh, of course I intend to take it back, I wanted to know what the possible causes were so I didn't get B.S'ed. Know any cause why I can't open "storage"? I couldn't find MTP on phone's settings
When something doesn't work properly, it's not the end users job to determine the cause. You paid for it and you deserve something that does what it's supposed to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.