Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Hope every one in this forum will help me in solving problems what i'm facing.

I'm using 7 systems which are interconnected through Switch. It was working fine. Suddenly from past 2 days, all my systems are restarting automatically. Automatically folders are creating with duplicated.

For Ex. vshreyas is the Parent folder name with files. There is an automatic creation of Vshreyas folder inside the Parent Vshreyas. When we click on that child vshreyas folder, documents folder is opening.

I think above explanation can make you people understans the problem. So please help me out in this regard.

Note: Kindly note that, i had made changes in Local services of Control and set to "No Action Taken".

Ur's

Vshreyas

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
Boy that sure sounds like malware. Is this specific symptom happening on all 7 computers on the network ? Or only on one computer ?

Is the network connected to the interent ? Is this a business network, or home ?

If you are using a "switch" (and not a router) do you have a firewall built into the switch, or a firewall set-up somewhere ?

How is the network configured, if it has network access. Usually, one computer is designated as the "gateway" and this computer needs to be able to protect both itself and the other computers from malware.

Has any thought been given to network security ?

·
Global Moderator
51,604 Posts
This screams virus/malware to me, I'd start by taking one off the network and trying to sort out it's problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.