Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, first post here :) I recently just noticed a new process running in my task manager called upexmhwn.exe, apparently its been there for a month. The file is located at c:\ProgramData\qpadengd\upexmhwn.exe. The description in the task manager just says the file name. I've searched multiple search engines for this file and all have come up with 0 hits. It seems to load up with windows everytime I boot up. It doesn't appear in services. I have renamed the file which seems to have stopped it from starting up upon reboot. Does anyone have any insight on what this file may be? Should I just delete it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By just deleting it? It's no longer booting up since I renamed it, but It's likely i guess that its embedded in registry somewhere, should I be concerned about that? I searched in msconfig in services and startup, but it doesn't appear there anywhere.

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
Hi -

Have you tried a third-party start up manager like CCleaner?

I'm going to analyze your process, please use the following guide :

I'll begin assuming you're capable and that you have all necessary tools such as an appropriate archive tool such as 7z and that you downloaded this debugger tool (Mirror #1, Mirror #2).

Lets begin :

Step 1: Open the debugger tool.
Step 2: You'll now see this. Go to "File" in the top-right corner located here.
Step 3: Click on "File", and select "Open Executable..." located here. If you believe you're process is a virus or corrupted select "Attach to a Process" which is directly below "Open Executable" as shown here.
Step 4: Please select "c:\ProgramData\qpadengd\upexmhwn.exe".
Step 5: You'll now see a white dialog within the debugger tool (like this) - go up to "Edit" right besides "File" located here.
Step 6: Select "Select all" located here. Now, ALL text will be highlighted (it will be all blue if highlighted)
Step 7: Copy it all by either moving your mouse over the highlighted text and right-click and select "Copy" OR just press "CTRL" + "C" keys on your keyboard, this will automatically copy all the selected text.
Step 8: Make all the copied text a text file, if you know how to do this, post it as an attachment, if you do not know how to do this - please continue this guide. If you're able to do this, do not continue this guide and post it as an attachment.
Step 9: Make a new text file by right-clicking on your desktop anywhere and selecting "New" then "Text Document" as shown here - from here you can just paste all the copied text from the debugging tool into the window by right-clicking and selecting "Paste" or simply by pressing "CTRL" + "V". Go to "File" and select "Save as..." and save it to your desktop. Post it as an attachment on TSF.

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
Hi -

What exactly happens when you kill it? Do you got a BSOD or an error?

When did you first see it?

Around the first time you saw it, did you recently have any viruses or download any programs?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I just noticed it today, but the date stamp on the file and folder are from a bit over a month ago. If I end the process nothing happens that I notice other than it doesn't show up anymore in processes. I have never had any viruses on this pc that I know of.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.