·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey. I just finished building my computer

Abit KV7-V Motherboard. Socket A
1 x 512 MB PC3200 Corsair RAM
Radeon 9600 8x AGP VC
Athlon XP 2500+ Socket A

I put everything together and turned it on (realising I would have to manually change the cpu speed in the BIOS) but when it gets to the POST where it says to press DEL to enter the BIOS, the screen flashes on and off every 3 seconds, pressing delete on the keyboard does absolutely nothing. While this is happening, the same time that the monitor goes off the mouse light goes off. My keyboard lights are on and can be toggled, my monitor and all other parts were tested on a separate computer and work fine. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, If i received a faulty motherboard, or if theres something I didn't setup right. There is a jumper on the motherboard that set the ps2 ports to disable, I moved it to enable and still same thing :S Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you want to e-mail me or add me to MSN Messenger my address is lyndon_matkowski(at)hotmail.com

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

Do you have your memory stick in the correct slot for single stick configuration ???? (check mobo manual)

what make and model PSU ?????

do your cpu fans spin ???? does you video card fan spin ????

check corsair memory selector (website) to be sure your memory model is compatible with your mobo ??

disconnect hard drive and cd-rom drives then just bios progress ?????

check to be sure your psu 20 pin connector when pushed in "snaps" to be sure to hear the lcoking clip engage ~~ same thing with the 4 pin cpu connector if it has one

regards

joe

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi chakz,

since you said that your monitor and other computer parts where tested on another computer,then it could be definitely the motherboard that is bad. i recommend RMA it quickly and get a replacement.

i dont know if this will help but you can try clearin the cmos and see if that helps. refer to your motherboard manual for the location of the cmos jumper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re:

linderman said:
Welcome to TSF:

Do you have your memory stick in the correct slot for single stick configuration ???? (check mobo manual)

what make and model PSU ?????

do your cpu fans spin ???? does you video card fan spin ????

check corsair memory selector (website) to be sure your memory model is compatible with your mobo ??

disconnect hard drive and cd-rom drives then just bios progress ?????

check to be sure your psu 20 pin connector when pushed in "snaps" to be sure to hear the lcoking clip engage ~~ same thing with the 4 pin cpu connector if it has one

regards

joe

RAM is in the right slot.

I can't remember make and model of PSU. It is 400W though.

CPU fans spin. Videocard fans spin.

Memory is compatible so it says.

Tried disconnecting the cd drives and harddrive. It doesnt get past the POST, it says Athlon XP 1050 MHz, and detects the ram as 266 MHz when its 400 MHz. The cpu I know I have to set the speed manually but I cant get into the BIOS, keyboard doesnt seem to work.

Both of them are snapped in :S

Thanx for the replies. I'm gonna try a different PSU and if that doesn't help I'm gonna return the motherboard and get an ASUS. Any reccommendations on a low cost ASUS motherboard, It's gotta be compatible with: 8x AGP, PC3200 RAM, Athlon XP 2500+ (Soc A.).

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Chakz said:
Any reccommendations on a low cost ASUS motherboard, It's gotta be compatible with: 8x AGP, PC3200 RAM, Athlon XP 2500+ (Soc A.).

Get an Asus A7n8X Deluxe-E at Newegg.com for less than 92.00

I have two of them, they are great boards for a "low" (non 64 non SLI) end system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.