Tech Support banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very strange problem regarding my PC.

The full story starts when I accidentally got a small amount of water down my desktop. I dried the PC as best I could and, fortunately, it started working again. The next day I woke up and the monitor was remaining blank. The lights would turn on and the fans spun, but the monitor said there was no HDMI signal. I took the desktop into Best Buy and the geek squad hooked it up and it worked perfectly normally.
I took the Desktop home and it stopped working again. So then I took the Desktop, the Monitor, and the HDMI cord into Best Buy and it all worked again the first try.

Everything is plugged in tightly, the desktop gets plugged into power and the HDMI and the Monitor get plugged into power and HDMI but nothing displays when I try it at home. Any help on this issue or suggestions on where to go next would be greatly appreciated.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,992 Posts
Geek Squad tech competence ranges from 1 to 10. Just like you choose a good mechanic and doctor, so to should you scout out your area for a well qualified computer tech.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts