Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone have any experience uninstalling the Nero Boot Menu? I installed it some time ago, can't even remember why now,(duh), but I'd really like to get rid of it since everytime I boot up I'm asked whether I want to use Nero software or Other software, and if I don't choose it counts down for 30 seconds and then chooses for itself. I don't have any other software for burning besides Nero anyway. Don't think I need this. Found some instructions for uninstalling it on the Nero site, involves a lot of renaming files, deleting lines from files, and correcting registry entries. (http://www.nero.com/en/helptool/420.htm)

Not too experienced at registry editing, a little intimidated, would like to know if anyone has tried this particular fix before I do, or maybe some advice so I don't end up having to reformat my hard drive.

I run Win98, Celeron 667, 512mb ram. System is running great, don't want to screw it up!! Thanks :confused:

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
WOW, I've been using Nero for years, and I didn't even know there was such a thing as a "boot menu"! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.