Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i reinstalled my legit copy of windows xp onto a different computer i own not reallizing i had to uninstall it from my other comp first now i can only run it in safe mode because it freezes at the welcome screen in normal mode how do i uninstall it to correct the problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was origionally a dell oem i could not find that disk so i used my retail copy xp which is already installed on an older gateway upgrade from win 98.I have already tried a new hard drive 160 gig and formatted it and reinstalled several times it runs in safe mode, but it wont let me run in normal mode.I cannot install my broadcom driver in safe mode so i cant get on line with it. microsoft said i had to remove xp from the old gateway then i could reinstall it on the dell and reactivate it.Win xp uninstall did not appear in system tools or add remove programs and i could not run osuninst.exe because it said registration info was missing on both comps thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would just format the drive on the old machine and call to activate your windows on the new machine. Explain to them that you formatted the old drive so windows is no longer on it and then they should help you get it activated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.