Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why my Uninstall folder from the following registry would be missing?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\...

There is a Reinstall folder and an Install folder, but no uninstall.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok, I see. It sounds like a program, maybe Zonealarm, maybe not, changed some registry settings.

If you have your windows disc, I would just run a repair and be done with it.

Since you can't be sure what caused the problem, you could be chasing your tail otherwise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided to try one more thing. I had already done a system restore to a checkpoint a day before I thought these problems started. But tonight I did a restore to about 3 days before that. That fixed the Add/Remove problem and my Photoshop problem. They are fine now.

But I still can't install the newest version of Zonealarm and can't find any traces of it from the old version. I'll go back to the Zonealarm forum and seek help there since this (I hope) is no longer a Windows issue.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I decided to try one more thing. I had already done a system restore to a checkpoint a day before I thought these problems started. But tonight I did a restore to about 3 days before that. That fixed the Add/Remove problem and my Photoshop problem. They are fine now.

But I still can't install the newest version of Zonealarm and can't find any traces of it from the old version. I'll go back to the Zonealarm forum and seek help there since this (I hope) is no longer a Windows issue.
Thanks for your help.
The Zonealarm not installing worries me. That could very easily be a sign of malware on your computer that's preventing you from installing security programs.

Try to install another security program like Spybot S&D to see if it also gets blocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.