Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just purchased a computer game (unreal tournament 3) and i cannot install it no matter what I try. The game works fine on other computers, which leads me to believe it is an installation software error.

I began installation of the game, left the room, and when i returned it appeared to be fully installed (the "finish" screen was up). However when the game is launched, the "Play now" option is unresponsive, the "install" option is unavailable to click, and the "uninstall" option leads me to "1628: Failed to complete installation". The game installation folder is nowhere to be found (even through a computer search). I opened the game cd drive to try to install it by running the setup.exe, but it just tries to uninstall which yields an "error 1605: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

I have visited every faq and forum I could find on this issue, and even contacted an hp tech who was unable to help me. The three fixes everyone suggested were deleting my temp files, updating my installer, and ending all setup process that could be interfering with the process. None of this worked. Other software installs fine on my computer, and the game itself has no problems on any other computer. PLEASE HELP! I spent 50 bucks on this game and I would hate to let it go to waste... Thanks people

Computer specs:
HP pavilion notebook
Windows XP w/ service pack 2
Intel Centrino Duo
1.83GHz, 2.00 GB RAM
vid card: Nvidia GeForce Go 7400

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
hello and welcom to TSF

try using ( msconfig ) selective startup , uncheck the startup option

for it could be your antivirus program that is giving you all the problems

some games won't install or uninstall with antivirus programs running

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just got the game today, however, I started the install, and for whatever reason, the installation said that it is complete but there is also no trace of the installation anywhere on the disk. The installation or uninstalling is unfixable, just as benjamio said. I tried searching for any possible response, but nothing seems to work. It always says either 1628 or 1605 critical error or something like that. Is it possible to delete all traces of Unreal Tournament 3 from the registry or something like that? Is it possible to do anything with that installation? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
hello again ,

i am not a gamer and would seggust that you contack one of the moderators (vvvv below they are listed vvvv) and have them move you post to the gamers forum on this site for they are pro's at sovling issue like this

sorry but this is a game to software issue that is causing the issue with your system

also some reguire that you download patchs from their site

but did you try installing it in msconfig mode with the start up option deselected so that all programs are deactivated for the install of the game

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.