Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started up my laptop this morning and it was working perfectly fine. The regular Windows Update little pop up appeared and I proceeded to restart my laptop so that the update could do its business.
Somewhere between the update and my laptop, something has gone wrong and I cant fix it.
Every time I try to start my laptop up again, it gets stuck at 'Please Wait'. which happens right before I log in.
I've read on a few different forums, including Microsoft's, that it's to do with the update not downloading properly, but the update wasn't interrupted or anything and all of the solutions that Microsoft wrote on the forums don't work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
have you tried the "last known good configuration" option during boot, its worth a try just keep tapping F8 during boot and select the option

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have. I've tried everything that would normally get me into my laptop but all of it has to log me in first and that's where I get stuck :confused:

·
TSF Microsoft Support Team Emeritus
738 Posts
Hello, and welcome to TSF!

Please go back to the F8 menu, but this time select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

When the Command Prompt opens, carefully type in

dism /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

and press enter. You may have to change the drive letter if you don't hit your Windows installation. This should hopefully resolve your problem. If it becomes a recurrent problem, or Windows Update fails to work afterwards, please let me know and I will help you further.

If you can't get the Command Prompt to open to perform this fix, please also let me know.

Good luck!

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.