Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I recently bought a domain. www.am-anime.net and when I go to it I get this searchportal.information.com thing. I have asked other people what they got when they went to the url and they got the dir listing. I have tried connecting by ftp and everything, I have no firewall, I have scanned with updated adaware and spybot, cleared all cookies history etc, and tried internet explorer (I use FireFox)
Many thanks how I can remove this annoyance,
Delta

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, I restarted my computer and ran spybot again. The 2 things that showed up were 'Alexa' And 'Avenue' so I hope that helps anyone. It said they were tracking cookies, what do they do? {I like to learn from my mistakes :sayyes: }

·
Registered
935 Posts
Venturing out into the "wild" without a firewall is unwise. I would think that I'm attacked regularly and don't even know it thanks to the following:

FW: Sygate
AV: AVG

Anti-Spware/Adware:

Spybot: running
SpywareGuard: running
SpywareBlaster: manual
Ewido: manual
Ad-Aware: manual
WinPatrol: manual

Everything is free/donation ware

The safest way to proceed with your needed "cleaning" would be off-line with something (AV/AS) on disk.

If it were me, I would probably go straight to Panda or Trend for a free on-line scan and then start building my security array. The firewall first.

Regards,
JF

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
An internet cookie (tracking cookie) is actually a very simple piece of data that a web site can send to your web browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies cannot contain virus or program code and, despite some internet rumours to the contrary, have never posed any kind of threat to either your computer system or your personal privacy. It is any cookie that is shared among two or more web pages for the purpose of tracking a user's surfing history.

Spybot always finds 'Alexa' And 'Avenue' . I always delete cookies/temp/temp internet files before running Spybot/Adaware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.