Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm hoping you can help me here. I have read through tons of forums stating similar problems but have not yet found a solution. I am running Windows Vista 64 on an HP HDX 16 laptop. The computer was purchased in April, 2009 and the problem has occurred since shortly after. The computer will randomly restart without warning. We have turned off auto-restart and it still restarts. We have checked the hard drive, memory, BIOS is up to date. I have sent the computer in to HP twice, and they replaced the mother board expecting this was a hardware issue. We are still having the issue. We restored the computer to factory settings and left it on to see if it may be software related, and the issue still occurred. In the event log we get event 6008 unexpected shutdown. I'm not sure what to do next, as everything everyone has thrown at me has been exhausted. I saw a similar post on this site that said it was solved, but didn't see the solution. I have tried adjusting the power settings, disabling windows defender and other ideas presented throughout the forums I have read. Most of the forums seem to be old, so I am assuming someone found a solution for this problem. Hopefully you can help...I appreciate your attention!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jcgriff2,
Please find the attached .zip for instructions step 3. Step 4 did not generate a report, so none is uploaded. It said it is gathering data for a report for 60 seconds, and did this all night without creating a report. I couldn't find a way to make it proceed.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.