Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello gang, I recently had a computer crash but I was able to recover 100% of my files. The only issue I'm having now is a faint clicking noise coming from somewhere in the computer. Because of the noise combined with the crash someone suggested that I run "hard Drive Inspector" which I have.

Now under the "S.M.A.R.T Details" every value is either 99% or 100% except three: Raw read error rate, seek error rate, and Hardware ECC covered. The values for those are 61%, 66%, and 63% respectively. Is that anything to be concerned about? The reason I'm asking you guys is that I just downloaded the 30 day free trial and it doesn't come with explanations for these numbers unless you buy the full version. The screenshot it came with has everything at 100% or in the 90's though. Based on my numbers combined with my crash is it possible something is screwy with my hard drive? I never figured out the cause of the crash but after it happened I was left with this error message:

<windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe :rolleyes:

I was told that's a boot up driver or something but I don't know for sure. F10 to the recovery console got the computer back up in 25 minutes though. Thanks for the advice. :wave:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.