Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....

I was wondering if it is possible to "undelete" pictures that I deleted off my computer about a month ago?? My truck was stolen and unfortunately...I had some cds with family pictures on them. I deleted the pics off my computer before my truck was stolen!!

can I do this myself? is there a program I can use or any that you recommend? I tried a few free trails off line but none worked. Or am I just gonna have to cry myself to sleep??

I appreciate ANY help!! TIA

·
Registered
199 Posts
A month ago? If its about 2-3 days ago, your files might be able to be restored back...there's plenty of utility out there which offers this kind of service like TuneUp Utilities which able to restore deleted files but not 100% in good condition... in this case, i really don't see a way to restore it back. :sayno: Maybe someone else could help you...

·
Registered
247 Posts
They are only gone if files have been written to that part of the hard disk or a defragmentation has been run.

If neither of these things have happened you have a good chance of getting these back.

The best results I have had for this type of dataloss is either:

1) EasyRecovery Professional
2) Stellar Phoenix FAT & NTFS

Google both of these. However, these are not freeware products, but they give good results.

If i'm not mistaken, System Restore will not restore that type of data unless it is in the my documents folder. I'm also pretty certian that system restore only restores a few levels deep in those sorts of folders. You are better off backing up all your images to cd my friend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your input! Sadly...I didn't think I would need those files because I DID back them up to cd. BUT...my truck was stolen and my cds were in the truck!! Soooo....I wanted to see if I could bring those pics back up and reburn them to disk. I have defragged since though....::sigh:: :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.