Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the problem. Me, and numorous others with studies in Network Security, Forensics, and Windows NT OSes at a local community college, have been given a challenge. We were given a Windows 2000 Box with DeepFreeze Pro installed and must crack both DeepFreeze and the Windows 2000 passwords. I got access to the SAM file by using a bootable distribution of linux. The only problem i noticed is that it seems like they added a level of encryption which made it impossible to crack using LC4. As for DeepFreeze, we've found no way around this at all. We found out that u can't find any kind of key generator cuz each install has it's own unique HASH keys. The only real way we were able to remove it was by fdisk and format. But we need to crack and preserve the system so it shows no signs of tampering. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DeepFreeze has been our toughist challenge.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I don't think this is the site for you, we don't do illegal cracks here. :rolleyes:

Now, if you'd like to be specific as to the college, and the professor's name and email, we might be more accommodating, but I smell a rat here. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k, well i can understand ur POV in this situation. The guy who actually gave us the challenge just comes by once a week, so when i see him again I'll get his info for you so u can get the misunderstanding straightened. As for the rest of this topic, can I still get the 411 as to what features microsoft put in to secure the hashes? I remember something about 2k advance server having a setting that made them pretty secure and it could also be enabled in 2k pro but i cant seem to figure out what it was called.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
adomin1000,
Microsoft security is pretty sticky subject in itself. Your question relates directly to defeating security that was put in place and we're not quite sure who you are yet. So until we know, this thread will be closed. Once we get more information, feel free to post again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.