Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I backed up mainly image files to CD using Nero but I'm unable to recover or open them, the files seem to have changed the format in the burning process, by giving each file an 'nco' on the end, i.e. - jpeg.nco - Can anyone tell me where I've gone wrong and how to overcome the problem please?
best wishes Chris

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Hi, welcome to TSF.

I'm not sure how you've managed to do that :wink:
I've seen Nero burn images to CD without any extension at all, but not .nco

Which version of Nero are you using? .nco is the extension for Nero BackItUp compressed backup files. I don't think it's used by Nero Burning ROM. http://downloads.vnunet.com/download/burning/nero+burning+rom/_240.html

You won't be able to change the format/extension of the files on CD, they are now read-only. You could copy all the files back to the hard drive and do a batch convert in IrfanView, then burn to a new CD. Remember to select all the files in Windows Explorer first, right-click/properties and change them all from 'read-only' to 'archive' to allow the changes to be made.

This will keep the same filenames and change the extensions to jpg, with the option of extra compression if required.

IrfanView, freeware www.tucows.com/preview/194967

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, info and suggestion, I'm away for the weekend now but will try it out on Monday. The burner installed is Nero StartSmart for Nero 6.I'll let you know how it went next week Thanks again, Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.