Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend’s computer got crashed and when he brought it to me it was showing error it was missing some system files in system32 . He has window professional in it so I copied some of the files from window proff system disk. It started but it missed some of his files (I don’t know what exactly he did but he tried a lot of stuff by himself!! ) but now he asked me to retrieve some of his old files he had on his computer. So it was an excel file. With the help of PC recovery tool software I m able to get a *.tmp file with name filename.xls~ RF30526.tmp but my problem right now is , I cant read this file. Its view is totally different now . So I tried changing Its extension to .xls and tried to open it with excel but still unable to read it. Could anybody please help us to open this file. This is very important file for my friend so he cant afford to loose it ..
Please help !!

·
Registered
655 Posts
surely its saved elsewhere on the hard drive..so what if he loses his temp one, he can use the presaved one he opened.
If he didnt then...if it was important why not save at every 10min interval lol?

But you could ask if its in his my docs folder anyway.
Slave the drive to your machine and find it that way?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for such a quick reply Paddy .. i checked all of his documents in there but i could find anything with that file name he mentioned ..and about slaving ..could you please tell me how can i slave a hard drive of laptop ..i m aware about desktop but not for laptop ..but if i cant find it in there would slaving hard drive help in anyways ...thanks again ..

·
Registered
655 Posts
well if the laptop is a sata drive..then just attach to sata on PC..
if its a laptop ide you need a laptop IDE case.

If you use it as a slave, you might b able to open and view things you couldnt on the mashed machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.