Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've downloaded 4 movies, 2 of them are AVI, 2 of them are WMV. I'm using VLC media player and the 2 AVI files play perfectly, but the WMV files in VLC just show a distorted green/pink picture and only run for 50/60 seconds. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

I've tried converting the WMV to AVI but I always get an error message on whichever converting program I use. Any and all help is appreciated, Thanks!

·
Moderator, Design Team
12,727 Posts
Download GSpot (link in my signature area), open one of the files that won't play in GSpot - it will tell you if you have the correct codecs installed to play the file, what the correct codec is if you haven't and allows you to run some test renders using either the GSpot renderer or Microsoft (MS) rendering to see if your computer can render the file.
Post a screenshot of the GSpot interface with the file open if you are unsure how to use it.
You could also try Media Player Classic (MPC) - it is a good media player that will often play files that VLC won't (works the other way at times - VLC will MPC won't)
Both GSpot and MPC are bundled with the full pack of K-Lite so if you downloaded it you will have them in C: > Program Files > K-Lite Codec Pack > Tools

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.