Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed from Verizon to Comcast yesterday 06/16/2017. Today when I tried to open a Word Document it would not open. A box showed the following " Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened, try again or repair the product in Control Panel" I don't know if this is just a coincidence or if it had something to do with changeover? I tried System Restoration without success and am at a standstill. I tried calling Comcast but they were not able to help me. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I presently have Microsoft 7 32gb.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
27,323 Posts
MS Word Starter would have no relationship to your ISP. Try Repair, not delete in the Control Panel as stated. Are you sure the document is .doc or .docx?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I went to control panel and tried to change Word Starter 2010, but a pop up showed up unsuccessful due to internet non-availability. I have internet access? Don't know why unable to change Word Starter. I have both doc. and docx documents, unable to open any, also can not open Starter to write new documents?

·
27,323 Posts
Did you go to Programs & Features when this happened? If so, did your Domain or Homegroup name change when you switched ISPs?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if Home group or domain changed? I followed your instructions and went to Programs and attempted to change 2010 Word Starter with no results.

·
27,323 Posts
If the Comcast tech came to your house and reset your network, the name could have been changed. In the Control Panel>System &Security>System(I'm assuming you still have Vista)>Workgroup. If that name is not what it was before you probably have to change it to what it used to be called like Homegroup. If your hesitant about messing around with your computer(s), re-call Comcast with this new info and see if they can now help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.