1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ...
:wave:
a very starange problem has ocured ..

i was having redhat linux as primary boot...
it was in a special partition

then my linux stopped booting and also the linux cd is not installing or fixing this bug at all...

so i decided to format that drive using Acronis drive tool...

then pc stopped booting as that partition was not properly formated..

so when i inserted xp cd for installation
problem occured that

all of my harddisk is completely in unpartitioned space ...:4-dontkno

guys plz help..
i dont wana loose my data on drives except on c:
plz help me...

·
Manager, - Alternative Computing, - Design
6,530 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to TSF!!

I don' have any experience with Acronis drive tool. However, you said that the xp disk and your livecd aren't booting. This would leave me to believe that there is a problem with the drive itself. Has anything booted up since you used the Acronis tool? Are disks spinning up and then spinning down, or any other problems similar to that?

Microsoft staffers please jump in on this too, as I am at a loss for ideas on this one.

Cheers!

·
Banned
968 Posts
Hi :wave:

so i decided to format that drive using Acronis drive tool...
If you formatted the drive, then you will have lost the data on that drive, which is why it would not boot. If you want to recover data, you will need to try slaving the drive in another PC and using data recovery tools such as getdataback, but as you used Acronis I think it will probably have destroyed all data in the process.

When you use the Windows disk, and you reach the HD partitioning stage like this, press C to create a new partition in the unpartitioned space and install XP to the new partition.

And as wmorri suggested, it could be a drive problem. When redhat wasn't working, could you still enter XP?

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks for all those replies ..:wave:

well that day i formated only the drive having redhat on that..

xp cd was booting but problem was that there was on single drive
on which i can install xp
as u said to take backup connecting hd to other device ,but it was not possible as the whole Hd space gone in unpartitoned space...

my maintainance engi. told me that he had many such cases of redhat failure...:upset:

i had lost my all data , but sadly there is no solution for this problem at all..

thanks guys once again... sory for my bad english.:rolleyes:

and there is no solution for this except to format HD completly..

**removed email to stop spammers**
india.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.