Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Acer TM360 laptop, I have a USB CDR and also (on loan) a firewire or Iport Acer DVD.... NO Floppy.

The C: was removed by my local nerd shop who formatted it and sent it home for me to simply hook up my USB CDR and install the OS (XP Home).

There is NO USB boot option in the Bios so that rendered that out.
The Firewire DVD I borrowed wont even light up (never used the firewire Iport so dont know if it works or not). Also tried an install from a USB stick.

There is a port on the side with a picture of a floppy and CD that I have been told is an 'Adaptor Port' and is long and slim sort of like a parallel printer port but I have been unable to find a cable that connects to it and can also connect to a CD device.

From memory in the Bios I have the option for HDD Boot, CD Boot and Floppy,and Lan Boot only...

I have a running desktop to use if this can be done, I am wondering if I should remove the laptop HDD and buy a cable to hook it to my desktop and copy the needed OS files (i386) if this would even work... Any idea or options that WILL work would be appreciated...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.