Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post, I joined because it looks like a community that can help me :sayyes: . Anyways, on to my problem:

I had trouble installing black and white 2 recently but eventually got it to work by starting the windows installer service, which was set to off for some reason?

Anyways I was trying to install a game I just got, but it won’t install and I receive the following error:

"Setup failed to launch installation engine:

Access is denied."

So I searched the internet for solutions to no avail, I tried everything that was suggested to other people but cant get it to work

For example I deleted the installshield/engine directory several times unsuccessfully.( because it was a version 6 install shield setup file)

Anyways now I turn to you for your help

Thanks to anyone that can help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here..

Hey Samkbc !

Got the same problem. Get prompted with "access denied" in the end of the installation. Freaks me out.. I've tried disabling firewall, anti-virus, changing the languages setting (similar problem for others, but with different error message)

Im using service pack 2, on xp, a Swedish installation. Haven't found any posted messages regarding black & white 2 - different language o/S and service pack 2..

Got this reply from EA when posting the message towards them:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you are going through, believe me I know how you feel I'm a gamer myself. There are a couple of procedures you could do to address this issue that you are experiencing. Please follow them accordingly.

First thing is you need to do is check to see if there are any scratches, fingerprints, or marks of any kind on the disk surface. Something even as small as a piece of hair or a very light scratch can cause this error. If you find any fingerprints or debris try cleaning the CD or DVD with a soft cotton cloth.

If you do not find any scratches, fingerprints, or marks of any kind on your CD, try renaming the InstallShield folder:
Double-click on the My Computer icon.
Double-Click on the C:
Double-Click on Program Files then on Common Files.
Right-Click on the InstallShield folder.
Select Rename.
Rename it to InstallShieldOld.
Start the installation again to reinstall the InstallShield components with the newest version.

If the above does not work, try these CD - ROM troubleshooting steps to prevent read errors. For the procedure on how to do that please click on the link..

Click here: http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/cci/cd_troubleshooting.php?p_sid=<? echo $p_sid ?>

Also, if you have any virus protection programs like Norton or McAfee, temporarily disable them by right clicking on the icon in your system tray in the lower right corner of the desktop and selecting "Disable" or "Exit". Also be sure to end all background tasks before attempting installation. For the procedure on how to do that please click on the link.

Click here: http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/cci/background_tasks.php?p_sid=<? echo $p_sid ?>

Hope this will be of service to you.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase http://support.ea.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.