Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For testing i have used a one month trial version of windows 2008 R2 server.
Now i need format that windows 2008 R2 version and install XP sp2 over it. when i am trying to install it , with out any boot from Cd option it is directly jumping to 2008 server OS. can some one help me in solving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
When an operating system is already installed and you want to replace it with a different one, you have to go into the BIOS Setup and change the first boot device to CD-ROM.

When you turn on your PC, look at the splash-screen which appears during the initial boot process. It will say "Press X to for Setup" (where X is the actual key you need to press and hold until the BIOS Setup screen appears).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i tried that. kept Cd rom as first boot device and it is showing option press any key to boot from Cd

When i pressed enter . it is not booting from CD . it is going to server 2008 os.

Is there any issue like bios will be overwritten by windows 2008. that is not allowing XP to boot.

·
Registered
40,765 Posts
If it is showing Press Any Key... and not booting further from the CD then either your keyboard is not being recognized or the CD drive is not reading the CD correctly. Try a PS/2 keyboard or a different XP CD or a different CD Drive. You can also download the DOS Boot ISO image for Killdisk and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and do a low level format on the drive, then boot off of the XP CD again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.