Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is related or not, but I have two problems that quite possibly started at the same time.

Firstly, I cannot drag files or copy them. If I try to drag they just don't move, if I try to copy nothing happens. There is no error message or anything like that.

When I start up my computer I get a message saying something went wrong and the computer will automatically shut down again. I can't remember the exact message and can't reboot just now to check the specifics, but hopefully the info I have given means something to someone as it is.

Can anyone help with either issue? I've tried searching Google but have had no luck fixing either yet.

To my knowledge I haven't installed anything recently, besides some automatic updates (I don't think any for Windows recently), Hamachi and Risk II. I formed a virtual LAN with someone using Hamachi so it's perhaps possible I got a virus from them, but they say they don't have these problems themself.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
If you have a Windows XP CD, open a command prompt by go to Start/Run and type CMD. In the command prompt type SFC /SCANNOW put the XP CD in and it should copy any missing Windows Files from the XP CD that it needs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.