Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My first post :sayyes:

My Problem/Status...
I have just started university and have connected my laptop to the university network. This all works fine, apart from:

I can't download anything that is not a direct http download from a website, p2p and .torrent software is unable to make a connection to its peers.
I can not use UseNet as I do not know the ISP. :dead:

Is there any way around the university firewall???

jai47

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
I am guessing that you had to sign an Acceptable Use policy to use the school network. If you do anything to get around the firewall, you will be in violation of this policy. At this point they will most likley ban you from the network. If you are lucky, you will get off with a warning.

Your best bet is to get your own internet connection. Then you can do as you please.

We will not help you "hack" the school network for access they do not want you to have. Also we do not offer any support for P2P issues here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,

But how can i connect to my home broadband connection via the uni network, is it possible??

The laptop has a RJ45 connection into a wall sock in my room that is linked to the uni network.

How can i add my own connection via the same RJ45 connection?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
jai47 said:
Ok,

But how can i connect to my home broadband connection via the uni network, is it possible??
You were already told that we cannot help you circumvent your university's security policies.

The laptop has a RJ45 connection into a wall sock in my room that is linked to the uni network.

How can i add my own connection via the same RJ45 connection?
You would have to ask the person in charge of your dorm if you are allowed to pay for your own personal Internet connection from a local ISP, otherwise, you will just have to make due with the facilities that the university provides for you.

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
We must not be getting through. I'm closing this thread, we really DON'T help with this kind of activity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.