Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Ive been using firefox for 6 months now with no probs at all, I have all the latest updates and used Adware SE and Spybot plus Avast but they found no probs, my prob is Im unable to download anything from any site when browsing with Firefox , but I have no problems downloading with IE. Any suggestions much appreciated.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Clearing the Download History sometimes does the trick. If is doesn't, close Firefox and delete the downloads.rdf file located in the Profiles folder, then try a download.

Location: C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx\downloads.rdf

(xxxxxxxx is a string of random letters and numbers)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I dont seem to have this file present, Ive done a search for it but cant find it. The only file that I can find in the Profiles folder is a file named pwj2ee4a.default. Ive also tried reinstalling Firefox but no change.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It sounds like 'pwj2ee4a.default' would be be a folder rather than a file? Go inside that folder and look for downloads.rdf. Alternatively, do a Windows search for the file. There will be one for Thunderbird (if you use it) and one for Firefox. Delete the Firefox one.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Yes, the *.default is your profile folder. Inside that as advised by martt will be the files you are after. If you've been using Firefox for months, do you have the latest version, 2.0.0.1 (only released a short while ago)?

Application Data is a hidden folder. To make it show enable it My Computer>Tools>Folder Options>View and check "show hidden files and folders" > Apply>OK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.