Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was trying to set up my two WiFi Repeaters and ended up screwing up my WiFi (actually MiFi) system. I was looking at this post for assistance:

I think I did exactly what I was not supposed to do . . . ie: "It is important that you do not enable the DHCP server on the repeater else wired devices will lose internet connectivity and only have local or limited connectivity."

So now while I can still connect my PC to my WiFi device (Actually a Verizon MiFi device) it will not connect me to the internet.

H E L P !

Additional information: We live in a very remote area of Key Largo FL with no access to any cable service and no access to any hi speed fiber optic phone lines. Accordingly my access to the internet is only available through connections to Verizon via their MiFi or via WWAN.

Hoping you will be able to assist me :unsure:

Bob Davis

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,403 Posts
I think the best thing to do is start over. Unplug both repeaters, get the user manual online then follow the steps to do a reset to factory defaults. Once you've reset a repeater, follow the steps to set it up as a repeater/wireless extender. The repeater shouldn't have the ability to use DHCP, but if it does for some reason, turn it off. Don't power on the 2nd unit until the 1st is working correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the best thing to do is start over. Unplug both repeaters, get the user manual online then follow the steps to do a reset to factory defaults. Once you've reset a repeater, follow the steps to set it up as a repeater/wireless extender. The repeater shouldn't have the ability to use DHCP, but if it does for some reason, turn it off. Don't power on the 2nd unit until the 1st is working correctly.
Hello Fred, Thank you for your prompt response. At this time I've just repacked the WiFi repeaters. I have the original directions. I will get back to them later and will certainly make use of your advise. Right now, I need to get my Verizon MiFi system to connect to the internet again. I will probably need to call Verizon tech support tomorrow. :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wandering around and probing around like the proverbial "blind squirrel", I was finally able to fix my problem. My WiFi (Verizon MiFi) is now connecting to the internet again! The fix had to do with the settings on my computer's WiFi network adapter with regard to DHCP. Next I will again go back to working on getting my WiFi repeaters able to recognize and connect to my WiFi (Verizon MiFi).
🤪

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,403 Posts
Changing your wireless adapter settings is pretty far off from the problem in your original post. I would stick to the instructions for your extenders and not change settings you're not familiar with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts