Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a freshly clean windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
When I tried to connect to the internet it says I need to install a network drive or something. I've done that but it still can't connect to my modem. It doesn't even detect any connection coming from the modem and I'm connected through a ethernet cable.
Any ideas on how it can be fixed?

·
Registered
40,869 Posts
go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc right click the devmgmt.msc icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In the Device Manager do you see any devices with yellow marks? If so, these devices need to have drivers installed. If you have a name brand computer (Dell, HP etc) go to the manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site and type in your service tag # or your make and model # and download the Network Adapter for your specific computer. And any other drivers you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What if I made my computer with parts I bought?
Should I look for the driver for the motherboard I am using or what?

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,737 Posts
Hi, when you opened device manager (as per spunk's advice) did you see any Yellow ? marks against devices.. if your Network card is integrated (ie part of the motherboard) then you need to run the chipset drivers for your motherboard (should have come with the MB)

If not tell us the make/model of your network card and we will assist in telling you where to find drivers.

·
Registered
40,869 Posts
If you have a custom build you can look on the motherboard for the make and model # and go to that site for your Chipset and Network Adapter. Or run Speccy. after it scans your computer, go to File/Publish Snapshot, Copy the URL to the clipboard and Paste it in your next post. Speccy will tell us what motherboard and Network Adapter you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.