Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone brought me a laptop with Windows 2000 on it that would not boot. They said they ran a defrag on it, and after it completed it would no longer boot. It would get all the way to showing the windows 2000 logo, but then it would give an error message and immediately reboot so I couldn't see what the message was. I ran a repair, but I used an emergency repair disk from another machine because I didn't have one for this particular machine, nor do I have one from an identical system, basically this is the only laptop of this model we have so I can't even create an ERD from an identical system. Anywho, after running the repair, now I'm getting an STOP message upon bootup....

STOP: c000026c {Unable to Load Device Driver}
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ksecdd.sys device driver could not be loaded.
Error Status was 0x0000221

I checked the microsoft knowledge base, but it didn't tell me what to do if I don't have an ERD created on this system or if I don't have an identical system from which to create an ERD.

Any ideas????

·
Registered
283 Posts
What kind of laptop is it? Make/Model/Serial Number/Etc... I would try the manufacturers website to see if they have anything.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gateway Solo 9300

What do you think they might have to help? Most places tend to provide limited technical support online for free. I know the have the drivers, but I don't know which device this is, besides, I don't think I can download the driver they have available and stick it on an emergency repair disk.

???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.