Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,265 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions
Yeah, it's quite odd that my WiFi drivers aren't enabled in Safe Mode with Networking.
Is there anything that I can do to fix that so I can troubleshoot?
When you get to the Windows splash screen with your username, don't log in yet. Click the network icon in the lower right corner and manually connect to your wireless network.
But, even better if you can test your connection while hard wired.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Does it still have the connection issues?
It appears that I can connect to that website without issues in Safe Mode with Networking
When you get to the Windows splash screen with your username, don't log in yet. Click the network icon in the lower right corner and manually connect to your wireless network.
But, even better if you can test your connection while hard wired.
When I clicked on the network icon in the lower right, it didn't display a list of WiFi networks to connect to.
I managed to get my PC connected via. ethernet. It appears there aren't any issues accessing that site in Safe Mode with Networking.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think I have found the culprit.

On normal boot, while connected through ethernet, I don't have any issues connecting to problematic websites. In fact, all sites actually load faster (latency).

While connected via. Wi-Fi, it loads slower, and I can't connect to my problematic sites (original problem).

So It brings to two conclusions. It's either a driver issue or a hardware issue.

I am already using the latest WiFi driver, so I can't do much on this front.

My card is not one year yet, so I still have warranty coverage.

I have the TP-Link T5E if anyone else is wondering.

Presently, I am connected via. Powerline over ethernet, it's a pretty old adapter, I can only get about 15/8Mbps, so this is only a temporary solution.

I would prefer my next network solution would be anything else but another WiFi card as this is the 3rd one that I've tried in the past year where I've experienced issues with and had to return.

Thanks to everyone that had helped. :)

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,265 Posts
I'm glad you're able to narrow down the range of where the problem is, but I don't think it's a hardware failure issue. A bad network card isn't going to allow you to connect to one website and prevent you from connecting to a different address. Address resolution is a product of DNS. Drill down on the properties of your wireless NIC TCP/IP settings and make sure they're set for defaults to obtain everything automatically. Always use Windows for your wifi connection software, not a 3rd party program.

Other programs and remnants of previous installations of antivirus software and paid VPN proxies can also cause the problems you're having.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have found the solution.
Courtesy of efta over at TenForums

Hello, I just had this very annoying issue for a while, and scouring the internet proved to no avail. However, I stumbled upon the solution by myself. Simply go into an elevated command prompt and enter netsh int ipv4 install and restart your computer.

This is what solved the problem for me, though I had already tried a few suggestions (resetting winsock, giving permissions in NSI, etc) so that might have something to do with it. If moderators are displeased with me making a new thread about it, the please move it to where it should be.

Best of luck.
If anyone else is experiencing a similar problem and have tried everything else, this may be your solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to advise, some VPN solutions can cause this issue. They update the ip info on the network adapter but it doesn’t clear properly after disconnecting. Generally, the reset will work but you can also uninstall the wireless driver reboot and let it reinstall to see if that fixes the issue. Glad OP found the solution he needed.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.