Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever I do to update java 6.0.18 to 6.0.20, I get the same error code:
"1606, could not find network location :. " (It is a stand alone computer, and no network installation.)
I get this message with online update by jucheck
I get it with online update with jxpiinstall.exe
It get it with the offline installer : jre-6u20-windows-i586-s.exe

And even more comprehensible, I get this error message if I try to uninstall Javan6.0.18
(I thought I make a clean installation after, but that is impossible too.)
the update from 6.017 to 6.018 went easy without any manual handling required.

I use: Vista sp2, on a Acer Aspire 5810T

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, Acting
34,378 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for your support.
It is solved:
Reventon: I didn't try a network, because my 2 computers have different log-ins and I always have trouble with the rights, and the original instalment was stand alone too.
JCgriff2 : I checked is was 6.0.18 and than Sun/Oracle proposed the same update again.
But REVOUNINSTALLER did the job in the "advanced mode", the normal uninstall failed again, but than Revo proposed to deleting something of 1764 keys and 748 files, I said yes to everything. So I could do a fresh instalment of Java 6.020 and all works well.

(only the deployment plug-ins 6.0.17... and 6.0.18... are still there in Firefox, beside the new one 6.020.... Today firefox noticed that and blocked them, arguing that these plug-ins are notorious troublemakers.

For me the case is closed, and I keep Revo on my computer for other jobs too.
Thanks
Ferdinand

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to say, the solution is: Delete the registry key: HKLM/software/javasoft with reg.editor (regedit). Delete it entirely, as is contains the versionnumber of the javasoft, this is checked every time you try to install/reinstall etc.

Once you deleted this key, reinstall and everyting should be allright, as I used this sollution myself...:pray::smooch:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.