Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is my own fault, but I downloaded TweakXP, as well as X-Setup. I don't remember changing anything in either one, but now... after I choose shutdown my computer acts like it os going to shut down, but it actually restarts. Plus when I boot up, when it is still in post it asks me which version of windows i want to load ... windows XP or windows XP. I did a clean install on a new hard drive.. I don't get it. Thanks in advance to anyone who'd like to explain.

p.s. I'm not this much of a spaz, i'm just a Win 98 user.

Valiant

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Well, this is a strange one. I remember EZ CD Creator causing the restart issue, so if you installed this, that is one problem that can be fixed. As for the strange option of booting from WinXP two times.... Sounds like the boot record got corrupt... but I dont know how to fix that one..:(

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks.. I fixed the double boot thing... it was just that... a double entry in the boot.ini the only problem now is that I paid for the platinum version of EZ CD... downloaded the two updates, and it still fails.... oh well thanks again. I like this place. I might have to spend some time.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou

I got the update for EZ CD Creator, now it doesn't restart when I shutdown, and my boot screen look great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.