Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have had this system for not even a year, no major changes recently, but about 2 weeks ago I started having video issues, and they haven't gotten any better, but at the same time haven't gotten much worse either, and since I have no idea how to explain it, I brought screenshots along with me, although they are of what happens while playing in WoW, it also happens in any other program and on the desktop, they however aren't as noticable then.

P4 - 2.8ghz
Albatron MB with Intel 848P chipset
2 - 100gig HDs
DvD-RW Drive
CD-RW/DvD Combo Drive
2 Sticks of DDR400 512MB Ram
5 80m Case Fans
1 Slot fan directly below Video Card
Nvidia GF6800GT
450W PSU

Ok here are the screenshots of whats going on

Left Top Corner of Screen

Red/Yellow Lines and Other Streaks

Assorted Streaks

Top Left, Middle and Right

Top Middle

Please Help!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update...

Well I just tried taking the card out and back in to make sure it was securely in, which didn't help. Also if it helps the Ambient temp. is 37-40C and the GPU Core temp is 60-61.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Your temps are good. Have you done anything to OC it at all? If not, then you may need to underclock it. Go to www.guru3d.com and download ForceWare Coolbits 2.0. That will open up a few new features in your nVidia drivers, including one for adjusting the clock speeds of your VRAM and GPU. If you do end up having to underclock then see about an RMA. That's definetly not acceptable performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update Again...

Any mods or managers that read this, feel free to delete the tread, as tech support at BFG told me to go ahead and mail the card in and they will replace it. So I guess a solution isn't needed anymore.

I actually got the idea from the mod above me about an RMA, I had forgotten that BFG would replace the card for free if something went wrong with it. But as to the actual question, no I haven't OC'd it, however like with most BFG cards, it was a 6800GT OC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.