Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using a WinTV-HVR-1600 card with various distros of Ubuntu and various versions of Windows, for a couple of years. I like MythTV and use it often. I am currently running Ubuntu 9.10 64bit and the latest version of MythTV 023 with a WinTV-HVR-1600.

I was helping a friend install Ubuntu 9.10 64bit on a similar PC. I installed the latest version of MythTV. He is using a WinTV-HVR-1800. I went through the Backend Config, adding the 1800 card as an IVTV Mpeg encoder card, /dev/video0, but it does not let me choose Tuner1, like I can with the 1600, just Television. I was able to continue the configuration and scan for channels. It found all the channels. When I finished and ran the Mythfill database update, it finished too quickly. When I launched the FrontEnd, and chose WatchTV, it asked me to Wait and then jumped back to the OSD.

He is using the Analog Cable connection from Time Warner.

Has anyone gotten this card to work with Analog Cable and MythTV?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I did a google search and came up with this from MythTV. See if it helps you fix the issue that you are having. I haven't had much experience with MythTV so I can't be of two much help.

Cheers!
Thank you!! I came across that as well, but I believe that page is over a year old. I was hoping support for the Analog Input on the 1800, in MythTV, might have been resolved by now. It works fine in Windows. The 1600 works fine in MythTV. The 1800 must require different drivers for Analog.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I accaept with information:through the Backend Config, adding the 1800 card as an IVTV Mpeg encoder card, /dev/video0

The only difference I see in the Backend Config of the 1800 is that the Input Type cannot be set to Tuner 1, like my 1600 card. Instead, the Input Type for the 1800 is Televison. I do not know if this is why I cannot watch Live TV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.