Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using uBlock Origin to remove embeds that I find annoying, such as annoying gifs and ads. It works great, and even remembers the blocks when I return to a site. The only thing I don't like is that it's so easy to turn off. Is there any way to lock the rules?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
you did not mention the browser you use, but I use firefox and it turns off when the browser is updated and it needs to be restarted. If this is what is happening, there is nothing you can do. It could also happen when the addon itself is updated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you did not mention the browser you use, but I use firefox and it turns off when the browser is updated and it needs to be restarted. If this is what is happening, there is nothing you can do. It could also happen when the addon itself is updated.
Ok. I'm using it for chrome. Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
The only thing I don't like is that it's so easy to turn off. Is there any way to lock the rules?
How is it so easy to turn off? I use it and it never turns off....either by itself or by me. It just stays on in my browser(s).....Chrome, FireFox Edge Chromium. Unless you're playing with the settings and dorked something up....it should work right out of the box as it does for me.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
How is it so easy to turn off? I use it and it never turns off....either by itself or by me. It just stays on in my browser(s).....Chrome, FireFox Edge Chromium. Unless you're playing with the settings and dorked something up....it should work right out of the box as it does for me.
you may not notice if you regularly close your browser. I don't, only when there is a browser update or when a linux update requires reboot. That is why I noticed it. I am assuming the op was talking about it being disabled, not completely turned off. And what I suggested may not be the problem - just a possibility.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.