Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all.
Am new and with many problems.
I have this server with SP1 and research shows that two of them cannot coexist in a domain. I have one domain.
This is a new job and my CEO wants redundancy in that in the event this server crashes, a backup one picks up immediately with zero downtime.
The SBS is the PDC, running exchange 2003 and MSSQL 2005 sp2 and ISA
What do i do?
Is it psb to upgrade to Win 2k3 enterprise edition and retain everything including CALS?
Is it psb to have 2 exchange servers with the same copies of e-mails on the same domain?

I am good in ADS n SQL but am learning xchange and ISA.
Kindly assist. Pressure is xs on me

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
the way to resolve this is backaping data and system state ,and try to install new win2003 entreprise and restaure system and data ,2 sbs don t work in the same domaine

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
As lekhla pointed out, SBS was specifically designed NOT to support multiple servers in the same domain.

As for your questions about upgrading, yes there is a direct upgrade path, but I think that server specific cal's are required. The way you could have it setup is to run clustered DC's with a share RAID backplane that would allow for both servers to access the same data sets and you establish a heartbeat between the two and when one drops, the other takes over. I believe you can also do the same with exchange, where you have multiple servers accessing the same shared data that would be your message store.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As lekhla pointed out, SBS was specifically designed NOT to support multiple servers in the same domain.

As for your questions about upgrading, yes there is a direct upgrade path, but I think that server specific cal's are required. The way you could have it setup is to run clustered DC's with a share RAID backplane that would allow for both servers to access the same data sets and you establish a heartbeat between the two and when one drops, the other takes over. I believe you can also do the same with exchange, where you have multiple servers accessing the same shared data that would be your message store.
Thank you so much for your response.
But by two exchange servers accessing the same message store - the message store will be somewhere on one server. Maybe what i should have asked is is it possible to have 2 independent mail stores on the same domain with the same mails at any particular time?
say if the ,mails are delivered it should be to the two stores?
Thanks so much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.