Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. In Outlook 2007, when I hit the return key while creating a message, HOW do I have it NOT capitalize the first character of the new line. I still want it to capitalize new sentences, just NOT capitalize the first letter of a new line?

2. When I'm going through new received messages, and I delete a message, HOW do I have Outlook move down to the next new message instead of back to the previous one? I don't know if that was the default behavior in Office 2003, but in 2007 I keep deleting old messages I wanted to keep because it doesn't move to the next new message......

·
Folding Along
2,304 Posts
1. If you are using MS Word as your e-mail editor, there's no way to use a regular return for what you want to do. However, if you use <Shift-Enter> to go to the next line instead of just the enter key, the first letter should remain lower case. This is often referred to as a Break or Line Break as opposed to a Return.

2. In Outlook, GoTo:
Tools -> Options -> E-Mail Options
Under Message Handling change "After moving or deleting an open item:" to "open the next item"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...... I KNEW the "what to do after deleting" would be simple once I knew! Although, even with your instructions it took me 3 or 4 tries before I saw the option list!!!!

As far as the annoying capital... From the Outlook help it says I have NO CHOICE but to use Word. It's the only editor available in Outlook 2007..... There's GOT to be some simple way to NOT have it capitalize every time I hit the return while typing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.