Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using 2 IDE HDs, both Seagate Barracudas one 120Gb, other 80Gb. They are both on IDE0, one set as master the other as slave. The DVD is on IDE1.

Indepentently when running each alone for a number of days they both seem fine. But I've had occasional crashes when using both together. Not sure if this is coincidence or if crashes are related to running both together.
Prior to crashing I get occasional squeaking from one of the drives, but only leading up to the crash.

I'm wondering if they would be better on a different physical connection or not. Is there anything else that could be causing the crashes?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

two other possibilities that can cause hard drive crashes / heat and unstable power

you can download a free software monitoring prog sandra lite
http://www.download.com/3000-2086-10018691.html

to real a REAL idea of how your system si running under load / run these progs all at the same time (multi tasking) spyware scanner, defrag, antivirus scanner after 20 minutes record your >>> system temps, cpu temps & system voltages

at the bottom of each sandra lite console there is a button to send you report to the clipboard (do that)
then open the click board & copy and paste just the system temps, cpu temps and system volatages and paste them in here for evaluation by the techs

what size and brand PSU do you have ????

please give full system specs next post

dont hesitate to answer more questions

regards

joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.