Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have an HP with XP on it. The other night I somehow got an HP recover screen when I was going to reboot. I should have just cancelled though, but since I had never seen it and completely was not paying any attention to what I was doing I just clicked OK and it went through the process of essentially giving me an entire new computer name and OS. It was like the computer was brand new again. I gave it a computer name and everything. What's strange is, it didn't wipe everything off the hard drive. I still see files and can access files that are directly on the C drive. In Windows Explorer, when it comes to users, I can drill into the new HP_Administrator's folder and see all the system folders and everything that comes with that. However, I can see the old HP_Administrator's folder, but can't drill down on it at all. It just tells me it's not accessible. I am not sure if there is still something there or not. I tried to restore to a previous date, but since it's reading off of the new computer name and admin it can only restore back to the time the new computer name and admin were established. Does anybody know how I can get back to the old computer name if it's even possible? Thanks!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.